I grew up on rice, my husband grew up on beans. I don’t get tired of beans but sometimes my husband gets tired of rice. It makes me sad. I hate throwing away leftover rice but most of the time I have to because it doesn’t hold up well so it always gets trashed. Inspired by leftover rice, Torani Vanilla Bean syrup, Abuelita hot chocolate and a baby that woke up just as I was about to go to sleep at almost 2am… this recipe was born!
Mexican Hot Chocolate Arroz Con Leche Ingredients:
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- 1/2 cup Nestle Abuelita Granulado Sabor Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons Torani Vanilla Bean syrup
- 2 cups Milk
- Mix all ingredients in a pot, heat on high until boiling, turn to low and cover.
- Simmer for 60-90 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows. Serve hot or cold!
Latest posts by xenia (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport & Sprint Fit Live - October 17, 2014
- My Son’s Journey to College - October 17, 2014
- Read Conmigo Search For Latino Children’s Book Authors - October 14, 2014