I was only going to write about the wondrous Minted party suite at Mom 2.0 Summit but the more I thought about it, outstanding things happened. Like sleeping in my own bed. And taking an uninterrupted 30 minute shower. This is my best of list, experiences may vary.
- Catching MARTA for the first time. It was Rookie Moms Whitney & Heather’s first time too. It was easy, the station is right outside baggage claim. You can buy a Breeze card for $1 from a machine or from actual ticket windows. One trip is only $2.50! We got off at the Buckhead station and walked a few blocks to our hotel! Easiest and cheapest ride ever. I wish more airports were that easy.
- My roomie Danyelle. My original roomie had an emergency and I was looking for a replacement two weeks before the conference. Danyelle saved the day by offering me a place in her room!
- The exceptional staff of The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead.
- The impressive title sponsor, Dove.
- Derreck Kayongo, the founder of the Global Soap Project got a bunch of women to stand up and sing a song from Uganda. I happened to catch an elevator and Derreck was inside! He is inspiring.
- Mom 2.0 Summit is just on another level. I loved the conference so much that I bought a ticket when I got home! The caliber of speakers, sponsors and attendees. Look, I don’t really care about swag bags. Conference swag rarely impresses me… until I got a Stella & Dot bag. Fruit of the Loom hooked it up with chonies! Usuable swag, yes! Things branded with your company logo, no!
- Five stunning pregnant mamas with their baby bellies painted. I stopped and gasped at the sight. Seriously. Vitamin Angels wowed us.
- Dinner with Yolanda and Yoly at The Cafe at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead. Good food and good convo. The creme brulee is divine. I’m not even sure how it works but our server came around at the end of our meal with a box filled with gourmet chocolates that we could pick from. It was absolutely magical.
- Farm Burger!
- I’m not a name dropper but I really have to give props to Alissa and Kyle Circle of Pollinate/Weave Media. I just got in from dinner, was strolling through the bar area of the hotel and happened to see them so I introduced myself. We ended up talking for an hour. They are type of people I want to work with!
- Random selfie with Dooce & Yoly!
And now, behold Minted.