Thank you Olay for sponsoring today’s post!
No one believes me when I say my oldest son will be attending college next fall. I will be turning the big 4-0 next year (I say that proudly!) and maybe I can thank good genes, but I’d like to think my choices in life helped me looking and feeling forever young. The secret is to take care of you! I work hard at my self-care routine and want to share my top 5 things I do to stay forever young:
- Water is your BFF. Seriously, we go hand in hand. You should be drinking 2.2 liters per day; your body needs it. Calorie-free and readily available, go ahead and indulge in the drink! Dehydration is not your friend; not enough water intake makes your skin look dry and wrinkled.
- Get rid of the toxicity. Those “friends” or family that are always bringing you down – they gotta go. Just like we watch what we put in our bodies, toxic friends and family members are bad for your soul.
- Take care of your skin. You only get one. There is nothing like hearing that to believe it. Once upon a time, I took an anatomy class in my older years and there is nothing like an aha moment when the professor said it.You can lock moisture into your skin by using a moisturizer. My favorite is Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. It makes me feel fresh and beautiful!
- Dream and make your dreams come true. This goes back to getting rid of the toxicity. Your dreams are yours; do not allow anyone to tell you different. Dreaming is good for the soul; it gives you life. There is no better power to being forever young!
- Feed the fun. Relax, have fun. When you stress, it speeds up the aging process. What is your idea of fun? I love window shopping for shoes. It is an instant stress reliever for me, even if I don’t buy a pair.
Olay is a worldwide leader in skin care and has been trusted by women for over 60 years, maintaining its founding philosophy: to maintain a deep understanding of women’s changing needs and to combine products that fit their needs with the latest advances in skin care technology. Regenerist was created along those lines to address women’s anti-aging needs, and millions of women have tried it and loved it, making Regenerist the #1 anti-aging moisturizer.*
*Based on Nielsen data week ending 2/1/14.