I stay inside with the kids when DriveShop drops off cars for us to check out. Chris handles all that. He gets the keys, paperwork and sometimes goes for a test drive around the block to feel it out. We requested a van for when my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece were here in June to celebrate my husband’s birthday. When I tell you this man nicknamed his new “man van”, a snow white pearl 2016 Kia Sedona SX-L, the Storm Trooper… and promptly snapchatted it + happily cruised around in the first ten minutes it was in his possession… it was love at first sight. And I felt the same way. He is so picky with shoes, that I was lowkey worried a van wouldn’t cut it on his cool meter. But all was good and he was down for some California cruising.
On the agenda, our must-see California:
- In-N-Out – You need to try it once. Get animal style fries.
- Mitsuwa Marketplace – The best Japanese grocery store with food court + shops. Love going here for Japanese treats + toys. Ramen, udon, sushi, poke and tempura.
- Daiso – A fun $1.50 store!
- Porto’s – Cuban food + pastries
- Olvera Street – Mexican food, shops and history
- Chinatown – Chinese food, shops and history
- Japan LA – Sanrio and other fun Japanese stuff
- Huntington Beach – THE BEACH!
Seeing is believing. Reasons why we loved having the 2016 Kia Sedona SX-L:
- 19″ Chrome Alloy Wheels
- Front, back, side to side airbags (So I quoted a song but seriously, dual front advanced airbags, front seat-mounted side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags)
- Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control (California is hot, we all appreciate good air)
- SIRIUSXM® Satellite Radio (bumping that booming system)
- 2nd row First Class Lounge Seating (I gave up shotgun for my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law loved sitting in her first class chair. I sat in the back and it was smooth)
- Rear Seat Entertainment System (4 year olds get bored in traffic. This saved us big time)
- Front/Rear Parking Assist System (so I didn’t have to get out and tell my husband if his parallel parking is good or nah)
While we were at Huntington Beach we saw this food truck offering free ice cream!
You cannot take a bad picture here.
We love Kia. Huge fans. Would we buy this minivan? YES. ALL THE WAY YES. Take my word for it. Take my girl Jillian’s word for it too.